1. You must be between the ages of 15 and 21.
2. Have at least a "C" average in high school.
3. Have good attendance in school.
4. Demonstrate excellent citizenship skills.
5. Be of good moral character.
6. No serious arrest record.
6. Meet the same basic physical requirements as a Deputy Sheriff.
- Vision: Correctable to 20/30 in each eye.
- Color Vision: Anything other than a minor hue impairment is disqualifying.
- Hearing: There must be no greater than a 25 dB loss in the better ear as averaged over test frequencies of 500, 1,000, 2,000 and 3,000 Hz. There may not be a peak loss at any of the test frequencies other than 30 dB at 500 Hz.
The selection process involves a passing grade on an oral interview and a medical examination.
Please note that you do not have to live in an area policed entirely by the Sheriff's Department.